Rhubarb or Applesauce Cookies with 100% Whole Oat Flour
This is a cake-like cookie. M kes about 4-5 dozen.
- 1/4 lb 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 C brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 C rhubarb or applesauce drained well (my best results have been when I put the sauce in a strainer over a bowl and set in the refrigerator overnight)
- 2 C Sunrise Whole Oat Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c chopped nuts your choice
- 1 C raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add rhubarb and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour, salt, baking soda and spices, mixing until all is coated with rhubarb mixture.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- Batter will be quite moist so you will need to use a spoon or cookie scoop to drop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. They don’t spread much when baking so need only to be about 1″ apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
Share with your friends!