Print Recipe Pin Recipe
This recipe was contributed by Sue Nielsen, Pastry Chef at Farm Table Restaurant in Amery Wisconsin. It is delcious using Sunrise Flour Mill Heritage Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. Milled fresh in house from White Sonora, a soft white winter wheat.
Servings: 2 crusts
- Food Processor
- 2 1/4 cup Sunrise Flour Mill Heritage Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Can also use Turkey Red Heritage White Flour
- 1 Tbs Sugar or Maple Syrup Optional (adds a caramelized flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Butter or Leaf Lard (Can use both)
- 5 Tbs Cold Water
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- Place flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Add butter 1/2 cup at a time and pulse until you have pea sized chunks.
- Add the cold water and vinegar slowly (1 Tbs) at a time, and pulse once or twice after each addition.
- Mixture will still be crumbly but hold together when pinched, avoid overmixing.
- Divide mixture and shape into two disks. Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before rolling out. Can keep in fridge for two days.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill