No Fail Cornbread with Grits.
I love cornbread but I have never been able to make one that didn’t crumble. Now that I use this recipe it has never failed me and it is very accepting of additional ingredients. It’s easy to mix with a spoon or fork so you don’t need a mixer.
- 3 C. Sunrise Flour Mill organic Cornbread Mix 1/2 C SFM organic cornmeal,1/2 C SFM organic coarse corn grits, 1 C SFM Golden White organic Pastry Flour
- 2 t aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 T organic sugar
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 C. buttermilk organic if possible
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 2 ea. large eggs free-range
- 1/2 C organic butter melted - Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Combine Cornbread Mix (or individual ingredients), baking powder, sugar, and salt. Stir soda into buttermilk and mix into dry ingredients. Add eggs and melted butter, stirring until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- 1 small can green chilies, drained well 1 small can pimentos, drained well 1/2 C corn cut from the cob or…..whatever is your preference
- Pour into lightly greased pan. It’s easy to wipe out whatever the butter was melted in using a paper towel and, use that to wipe the inside of the baking pan. It adapts well to a variety of types of pans – pie plate, 9×9 square pan, cake pan, or a cast iron skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Cut into squares or triangles. Serves 8-10.