These can be made as sweet or savory depending upon what you add to them.
- 1 C Sunrise Unifine Heritage Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 11/2 C milk scalded
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk together flour, milk, eggs and oil.
- Heat a lightly greased (with coconut oil) cast iron skillet or griddle. If you have an infrared thermometer, heat to at least 350-400F. If not, wait until coconut oil just starts to smoke.
- Pour batter slowly into pan or onto griddle until it spreads to about 4-6″. This could be any size depending on your preference. Brown on one side only. As the crepe cooks through, it will thicken and solidify.
- When all signs of liquid batter are gone, remove crepe with a spatula. Place on a plate and lightly fill with fruit, jam, cream cheese, etc. Roll and sprinkle with powdered sugar. For a savory crepe, the sky is the limit – meat, veggies, cream cheese and scallions, etc. Roll and drizzle with an appropriate sauce.
- Repeat with remaining batter.