Homemade pasta is easy and so delicious. It can be a healthy food and one that is full of protein when using heritage wheat.
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 CUP Sunrise Flour Mill Turkey Red White Flour or Sifted Flour
- In a medium bowl combine flour and salt.
- Make a well in the flour and add the slightly beaten egg.
- Mix into a stiff dough. If needed, stir in 1-2 Tbsp water.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 3-4 minutes.
- Let rest a few minutes.
- Roll out to desired thichness.
- Let dry for about 30 minutes.
- Dust top of dough with flour and fold over and over until it’s 1-2” wide.
- Cut across the short side to the desired width you prefer for the finished pasta. Unfold each strip and allow to dry or use immediately.
- Drop into boiling water. Fresh pasta will cook in about one minute so time and test it so as to not over cook.
Drop into boiling water. Fresh pasta will cook in about one minute so time and test it so as to not over cook.