Baking with Heritage Wheat/Sourdough Starter Bread Class
Spend a fun afternoon with a group of your friends or, if it’s just you, we will make up a class and you’ll meet new people who are interested in baking bread. The goal of this class is you give people the confidence to start baking bread with heritage wheat and sourdough starter.
- Why sourdough bread is healthy
- Making the basic sourdough loaf. Once you understand this, you can begin to vary future loaves with whole wheat, and many other variations of the basic loaf made with just flour, salt, water, and starter (natural yeast).
- Baking Bread in a cast iron Dutch oven – the best way for the home baker to make artisan breads.
- Using and maintaining sourdough starter.
- Creating a bread schedule that works for your lifestyle, and managing the starter to fit your baking schedule.
- Connecting with other bakers in your community and sharing your passion for real food.
- Your first loaf of sourdough bread
- Sunrise Flour Mill’s famous sourdough starter with instructions for maintaining it for use in your sourdough breads.
- A complementary bag of Sunrise Flour Mill’s heritage flour.
- Confidence that you CAN bake a good loaf of bread.
- Recipes and instruction sheets.
- A dough scraper.
This is a hands-on class that will get your hands into the dough so dress appropriately.
Class time is 2-3 hours
Class size is limited to 8 people
Reconnect with real food