Classes are held at our home about 40 miles north of either downtown, or we can go on the road if you are outside the Twin Cities.
The goal of this class is to give people the information and confidence they need to start baking with sourdough starter.
To reserve your class contact: email@example.com
Individuals or groups are welcome. Classes of 6-8 individuals are formed, or if you have your own group we can schedule your group exclusively. It makes a great gift for a friend.
Lunch and refreshments served.
Cost: $75.00 per person.
In addition to some general conversation about real food, the main topics covered are:
- How to make a sourdough starter.
- How to maintain a sourdough starter.
- How to create a bread schedule that works for your lifestyle, and managing the starter to fit your baking schedule.
- How to make a basic sourdough loaf. Once you understand this, you can begin to vary future loaves with whole wheat, and many other variations of the basic loaf made with just flour, salt, water, and starter (natural yeast).
- How to baking bread in a cast iron Dutch oven – the best way for the home baker to make artisan breads.
- How to make a sourdough pizza crust and how to make a great wood-fired pizza.
- How to bake a loaf of sourdough bread in a Dutch oven.
- Connect with other bakers in your community and sharing your passion for real food.
Go home with:
- Sunrise Flour Mill’s famous sourdough starter with instructions for maintaining it for use in your sourdough breads.
- A complementary bag of Sunrise Flour Mill’s heritage flour.
- Recipes and instruction sheets
- Darrold’s favorite dough scraper.
- Pocket-size Real salt
- Confidence that you CAN bake a good loaf of bread.
Enjoy a wood fired pizza lunch with us and a glass of wine.
Dress is very casual.